GSCM588 Course Project Requirements
1. Select a specific organization of interest to you and identify a quality management related problem(s) in the
firm. Examples may be poor quality levels, high cost of quality, poor product or service design, high levels
of internal or external failures, and so on. Feel free to add to this list if you need to.
2. You are taking on the role as a quality management consultant and the executives of your chosen
organization have asked you to submit a recommended direction to implement a quality management
initiative to address the quality management related problem(s) you identified above (e.g., Six Sigma, lean
principles, TQM, SPC, balanced scorecard, etc.).
3. You also need to identify which of the course TCOs and specific topics in the Syllabus are related to the
problem you identify.
1. All papers must have a minimum of eight scholarly sources (other than textbook) cited within the text of
the paper and identified in the References section.
2. Additional research sources can be attached in an appendix.
3. All sources must be in two place: They need to be identified in the References section and must also have a
corresponding citation in the body of the paper.
4. To access and use EBSCOhost for your research, use this link:
1. All papers should be single sided, double spaced, and written in 12-point Times New Roman font.
2. The paper should be between 10 and 12 pages, excluding the cover page, reference pages, and appendices.
3. The first page should include the title of the work, student name, address, telephone and e-mail address,
course number, date, and instructor’s name.
4. Follow APA style for general format and citations.
5. Paper sections must adhere to the guidelines below and each section must be labeled in the text.
6. The language should be clear, concise, and precise.
7. The tone should be professional, consistent, and not filled with jargon.
8. Grammar and syntax (sentence structure) must be correct.
9. The report must be free of misspellings and typos.
Tables and Figures
1. All figures and tables must be referred to in your text before they appear on the page.
a. Figures and tables should appear on the same page as the text that refers to them, or on the next
2. All figures and tables need captions. Captions go below figures and above tables.
Quotations and Citations
1. Quotations and citations are crucial components of a research paper.
2. Failure to properly cite research sources and borrowed ideas is plagiarism.
3. Papers submitted without citations and references will be returned to the student with no grade.
4. Refer to the APA style guide for assistance with properly citing quoted and/or borrowed materials and