Total Points = 100 (20% of your course grade)
Respond to the questions below. Your response can be in bullet format or paragraphs.
1) Goal of the campaign is to reduce alcohol related deaths among college students. Review the three objectives listed below and explain why these are not SMART objectives. Provide at least TWO reasons for each objective. [e.g., This objective is not specific because………….] [Please note, that these objectives are related to communication campaign, it is ok if the objectives do not describe activities of campaign implementation (i.e., how the change will occur)] (12 points)
- Number of students reporting binge drinking on campus will decrease.
- By the end of the 3-month campaign, there will be increased awareness related to consequences of binge drinking.
- Drinking and driving will decrease.
2) Revise the two objectives below and make them SMART. Goal of the campaign is to decrease cardiovascular mortality. [While revising the objectives, do not change the outcome and/or the population] (20 points)
- Reduce smoking rates among hypertensive patients at Lowell Community Health Center.
- Increase adherence to blood pressure medication among hypertensive patients at Lowell Community Health Center.
3) You are planning a 3-month campaign to promote recycling by UML students in Fall 21. Your implementation plan is to have 50 posters distributed all over campus. Five tabling events will be organized to interact with students on the topic. Social media posts once/week will be used. Respond to the questions below to plan evaluation of this recycling campaign.
3a) Write one goal and two SMART objectives for this campaign. Objectives should be outcome oriented. Each objective should assess a different outcome (e.g., outcomes related to knowledge, behavior, etc.) [Note that the response to 3d will depend on your objectives.] (25 points)
3b) How will you assess dose delivered for posters, tabling event and social media posts? Provide response for all three dissemination channels. [Please note: Implementation plan is mentioned above. Here you will describe how you will assess dose delivered.] (9 points)
3c) How will you assess dose received for posters, tabling event and social media posts? Provide response for all three dissemination channels. [Please note: Implementation plan is mentioned above. Here you will describe how you will assess dose received. (9 points)
3d) How will you evaluate outcome of your campaign? Evaluation plan should be appropriate to assess whether the objectives you listed for 3a are met.
- What study design will you use to evaluate whether objectives are met? (5 points)
- When, how and from whom will you collect data for outcome evaluation. Data can be collected from members of target audience or you can propose to use data from an external source (e.g., hospital records, wellness center records, etc.). Timeline of data collection should be appropriate for your objectives and for the proposed study design. i.e., mention when exactly the data will be collected (e.g., two weeks before start of campaign; 1 week after campaign ends, etc.) Describe how the data will be collected.
e.g., if planning surveys, how will the surveys be conducted (online, in-person, etc.) (10 points)
- What type of data will you collect? Include questions that will be used for data collection for your evaluation (either from members of target audience or from external source). Your questions should be related to all your objectives (i.e., your response to 3a). Include the actual questions along with response options in a format that they will be used in a survey. (10 points)