PART ONE: Complete the following:
- Complete the Unit Three Reading and Viewing Assignments. These include Chapters 6-10 in the text and all additional power points, posted readings and videos.
- Complete the Unit Three quizzes.
PART TWO: Written submission – Submit the following in the Unit Three Assignment Folder following all guidelines for submissions. Submit all parts of the assignment in their entirety as one Microsoft Word document, in order, and properly numbered. Please cut and paste the questions prior to answering and answer each question specifically and comprehensively. Read each question carefully and be thorough and complete in your responses. This assignment counts for 50 points.
- ) Discuss the components of a comprehensive mission statement used in health program planning and explain how it is used to guide the program from the initial planning phase to the evaluation phase of the program plan?
b.) Write a sample mission statement (in a complete sentence) for a health promotion program that would target either children or the elderly.
- ) Explain the criteria of effective program goals and explain how the goal
relates to the mission statement?
b.) Write a goal (in a complete sentence, even though the text says it need not be) for the program you used in question one.
- ) Describe the four elements that are critical to the development of a well-written behavioral objectives and tell how they relate to program goals and the mission statement of the program. Why are behavioral objectives used in health program plans?
b.) Write three objectives (in complete sentences) for the program you used questions one and two. Be sure to write them using the four elements described above.
- What questions (or types of questions) should your vision statement answer?
- Explain how goals and objectives are utilized in the Healthy People 2030 document. Choose one of the Leading Health Indicators for all ages. State the objective, present one statistic from the objective, and identify one Evidence Based Resource that would be used to provide information on that objective.
- Explain the importance of perception as related to the Health Belief Model. Give two examples of how perceptions might drive behavior concerning the decision to be immunized against COVID-19.
- List and describe in your own words the stages of the Transtheoretical Model. Give two separate examples of two people in specific stages (different stages for each person) of the model relating to weight loss, smoking cessation, or an exercise program.
- Select an intervention plan for a specific health program of your choice (any setting, any intervention). Give the program an appropriate but catchy name, then create a detailed outline for the intervention including the following components:
- One goal for the program
- Three appropriate objectives for the program
- Five intervention strategies (using any or all of the types of intervention strategies) for the program with a brief description of how you would use each
- One alpha-numeric content outline showing the important content information for an educational intervention
- Three educational activities (tell how you would use them in your intervention)
- One environmental change that would be needed to accomplish your program goal
- You have been given the task of addressing the problem of child and adolescent obesity in Walker County (or any other county that you might be more familiar with). Identify the following:
- Likely gatekeepers that you will need to work with.
- Cultural competence factors for which you will need to be informed
- At least three potential coalition members
- Potential resources for the program including personnel, space, curricular, and financial resources.
- According to WELCOA’s Choosing Appropriate Interventions:
- Although your ‘gut instincts’ about what interventions are appropriate and needed, it is essential that your interventions match up with ______________ and must be based on ____________________ from sources including __________________________.
- An incentive program that links the whole process to a company policy or benefit plan can experience participation rates of ________________ percent.
- Many people don’t participate in wellness programs because ___________________.
- The longer and more complicated the intervention, the ________________________.
- The three levels of health promotion programming are ______________________.
- An intervention that keeps getting bigger and more intensive every step of the way is known as ______________________________.
- Physical activity of Americans reached a peak in _________________ with about ____ percent involved in some type of rigorous activity.
Comments are closed.